
This was the first chance we got to see Rhonda and her mother since we've been home. Rhonda and I did our usual trip to one of our favourite local restaurants, The Lobster Pound, for lunch. Afterwards we went for a drive around the area and then back to her house for some cake. This was not any ordinary cake however, this was a "Woolworth's Cake." The Sydney Woolworth's closed a number of years ago, however Rhonda somehow found the woman who used to make their delicious cakes. Woolworth cakes used to be a staple at our birthday parties when we were growing up, so tasting it certainly brought back some childhood memories. I then came back home and picked Tyler up after my mom watched him all afternoon and brought him back to the MacKenzie's for Rhonda and her mother to meet.

Rhonda and I go way back. We met in Grade 2 and I practically grew up over at her house. Mrs MacKenzie was like a second mom. She would bake us the most delicious things all the time. It was wonderful seeing Rhonda and her mom again and finally introducing my baby boy to them!
1 Comments:
At 6:39 p.m., September 02, 2006 ,
Frank said...
nice looking kid! good luck!
use your blog to earn extra cash.
reading paid mails for 5 minutes a day can earn a bundle for your kid!
come see my blog.
http://addsenses.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home