Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Bed of Roses

Kristin and Joe sent Steve and I a very special package the other day. It was roses to plant in our garden!!! Kristin had read about my Friendship Garden on the blog and thought that it would be nice to add some roses.

Kristin and Joe have started a huge rose garden in their yard. They had plans drawn up for it and even joined a rose society! So the roses they sent are very good quality roses. They have bare roots rather than forced to grow in a pot.




She gave me very specific directions on how to plant them. I first had to soak the roots in lukewarm water for a couple of days, then when planting I had to mix the soil with humus and set the roots in a nice mound, after testing the drainage of the soil first.

Kristin has me so excited about the roses that when I was at Lowe's today, I noticed they had roses on sale so I picked up another one, which I planted as soon as I came home.

Roses are my favourite scent! It brings back fond memories of summertime when I was younger because my mom has beautiful scented English roses in her yard. Steve and I thank you so much Kristin and Joe for your kindness!!! You can check out their elaborate rose garden by going to www.walkergardens.com

Oh by the way, Kristin is making great improvements on her leg! She is walking with the use of one crutch and a few times have tried walking without it! So glad to hear you are getting back on your feet again, Kristin!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home