Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Just the Two of Us

Today is a very important day for Steve and I, it is our 5th wedding anniversary! Sadly though, Steve had to leave early this morning to head back home :( We weren't even suppose to be together at all today because we were going to celebrate when he came up here in September by taking a trip to Newfoundland together. We are very blessed to be able to spend some time together today.

Steve booked a room at the Sea Parrot in North Shore on Tuesday. We never even heard of the place before booking it, so we were quite amazed when we arrived. Each room had a theme. Ours was the Far East room. The property was just beautiful, over looking the water and the hospitality of the owners was even more special. Steve and I will definitely make it a point to go back some day. It was so peaceful and quiet that we had a hard time leaving the next day. The stay there actually inspired us to maybe someday open our own little bed and breakfast on the Cabot Trail.

While in North Shore, we decided to drive around and get some caches and then when the clouds gathered over and it started to rain, we decided to go for a drive. We went as far as Neil's Harbour and turned around.


The next day we woke up early and headed for home to get Tyler and Mom. We wanted Tyler with us to do our 1000th cache find! We missed Tyler so much! This was the first time we left Tyler over night with anyone and he really has never been without us for more than a few hours. According to my mom though, he was such a good boy and never cried at all for us which doesn't surprise us.




The next day my mom told us to go out and spend some more time together while she was more than happy to look after Tyler. She knew how important it was for us to spend as much time together before Steve's deployment. Mom, I really appreciate your kindness! Of course, she was just more than thrilled at the chance to look after her grandson.
Steve and I just wanted a nice and relaxing day together so we drove around Dominion, New Waterford and Glace Bay. It is a really pretty drive along the coast. We stopped at the Dominion Schoolhouse Museum. They have quite the collection of history artifacts there of the town.


Then Steve and I enjoyed a nice stroll along the Dominion Boardwalk. The day couldn't have been more perfect. It was sunny and warm with a nice breeze. It was just what we needed to clear our thoughts and just relax and enjoy each other's company.







Since we were in the area, we then decided to head along the coast of Glace Bay. Ever since we watched the movie New Waterford Girl, which is one of our all time favourite movies, we have been on a quest to find Mooney and Lou's houses. Each time we come home, we drive around New Waterford looking for them. This time we decided to try Glace Bay because we heard that the houses were actually there instead. We're pretty sure we made the find, but when Steve goes back home he is going to verify by watching the movie.




The houses that we suspect that were in the movie were located in a picturesque area with an amazing view of the cliffs overlooking the ocean. We stayed for a while just taking in the beauty and the fresh air. Steve and I had a really nice relaxing couple of days together. This morning it was extremely difficult saying good-bye to him.
Steve, I'm going to miss you so much and I will be counting the days until we are in each other's arms again.



3 Comments:

  • At 10:02 a.m., August 17, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Joe and I know all about separation anxiety, as we call it. It was so hard those first few years when I would fly back to Arkansas to be with the kids for school and he'd have to stay at Glaxo to work! For you guys, the situation is even worse with the destination aspect. Steve, Joe and I are praying for you and my sister and her husband are certainly praying, too. Phil is an Air Guard C-130 instructor and pilot, and had to fly recently in Afghanistan, so we know too well that ache and fear. We know, however, that God will watch over His children and you'll be home soon with Heather and Tyler! We love you, Steve!
    Joe and Kristin, Justin and Nick

     
  • At 5:55 p.m., August 17, 2007 , Blogger erika said...

    Happy Anniversary! I won't say much here since I wrote about you in my blog - but I just had to say best wishes for the both of you.

     
  • At 4:18 a.m., August 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Aniversary guys !

    Hey its already been 5 years? My God Im getting old!

    Steve, I will pray and wish you all the best in this journey. I know it's going to be a very hard time for both of you but you have God, your family and friends and of course the Good looking Tyler!

    You guys are always in my thoughts.


    Maria (Jay)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home