Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Winnie the Tyler Goes Trick or Treating

Happy Halloween everyone! Tonight I went trick or treating with my pal, Winnie the Tyler. Winnie had been waiting for this night to come along for quite sometime. This is really the first Halloween where he really understands the whole process. Last year, we got the treats but he really didn't realize that he could eat them too. I just basically let him shake a couple bags of chips and we gave most of them to my dad. No fooling him with the treats this time though. The day didn't look too promising as far as weather was concerned. We got our first snowfall! It started out with rain and then the next thing I noticed it was snowing! The snow didn't last long on the ground before it melted, but thank goodness I bought a warmer costume for Tyler to wear. He would have been frozen wearing the dinosaur costume! The Winnie costume has nice warm thick fleece. This afternoon Charmaine, Kelly, and Cameron came over for a little pre-Halloween visit. Cameron had layers of Halloween wear on. The top layer was his adorable skunk costume, next was his skeleton costume, followed by his Mummy costume. Cameron brought over a special treat box for Tyler filled with lots of nice treats including a Halloween washcloth and cookie cutter. I got this photo of the boys together. Cameron has the same big bear too! It's almost tradition that Marlene comes over on Halloween. She always brings her daughter Tristin while on her way to her mom's. Tristin just turned 3 in September. She looked so pretty as a princess. Marlene and I couldn't resist taking a photo of Winnie the Tyler and Princess Tristin together. Noticed in the photo that they are holding hands together. Last year, Tristin gave Tyler a big kiss on the cheek. They make such a cute couple! As always we went over to Rhonda's first, then to Christine's parents, and then down to Mo's house. I drove him to these places since he is suffering from a bit of a cold. On the way over to Rhonda's, he said "Trick or treat, smell my feet". LOL I have no idea where he learned that. Then we did a few neighbours' houses. Winnie the Tyler got lots of "special" treats from our friends. Rhonda's mom gave him a book and bubbles, Christine's mom gave him a light-up spider and a cool box of treats, and his buddy Andrew gave him a treat bag with a Hot Wheels fire engine. I was so proud of Tyler when he made the comment, "We have such nice friends, Mommy." Aww...that is so true! He had a bag of chips and a lollipop tonight and I said he could have one treat a day. Winnie the Tyler was very happy to hear that! What a terrific Halloween!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 p.m., October 31, 2008 , Blogger Katherine Tracey said...

    Winnie the Tyler - how perfect! Thanks for sharing Tyler's special Halloween, it was fun to read about all the nice things he did. It brought back a lot of memories of when my children were small. We only had about 20 trick-or-treaters here and there is a lot of candy left - now I need to figure out how to keep Rodney out of it.

     
  • At 2:40 p.m., November 01, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How sweet! We only got 4 kids - they bypass our place and go into town. Can't wait for next year though...
    Allison

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home