Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Read With Me

Today we started a new program and I am quite excited about it!!! It is called Read With Me and it is organized by the same people who organize our playgroups. The program is put together in such away to encourage reading and teaching with the children. As most of you know, Tyler adores books! Ever since he was a baby, we've been reading together each day. Not only are the children read to during the program, but they take home a book each week to read at home and to thoroughly discuss with the parent. They are given an activity booklet that is related to the book as well as a sheet of questions they have to answer. Yes, my boy has homework already!!! This week's book is called 'If You Give A Moose A Muffin' by Laura Joffe Numeroff. We only took the book home today, but so far Tyler and I have read it twice already. Tomorrow we are going to start our activity booklet, which also involves making moose track muffins! Tyler is really excited about that part as you might expect...LOL. After reading time today, the children took part in a craft. They each made a house and in each of the windows and the door they were required to draw a picture of each of their family members. Tyler drew himself on the top floor, me on the second, Daddy on the bottom left, Weegee on the bottom right, and Nanny in the door. I love this program a lot and I am really eager to get Tyler into his learning activities. This will be our last program before Daddy arrives home and I hope it will help make the last month go by faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home