Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WOW!!!!

Back in May when we were still at Nanny's house, Tyler planted a sunflower seed in a cup during the reading program that he was attending. The weeks after he planted it, he took great care of it; watering the plant each day. It started to grow quite fast and by the time we left in June it was getting too tall for the cup, so Nanny transplanted it outside. This afternoon, I received this photo from my mom's neighbour back home. My mom kept saying that it was getting really tall, but I never imagined it to be this tall! Unfortunately, this morning she noticed that it fell over. However with the help of Mr. Baillie, it is now back up and secured. I showed Tyler the photo and he can't believe how big his sunflower has grown. He asked what happened to the cup that he planted it in. LOL

2 Comments:

  • At 4:19 p.m., August 11, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I will send a pic of the sunflower when it bloom's...hopefully it can "weather" the gust's of wind's.Thank's to Mr.Baillie, Tyler that he could fix your plant, it is now tall and very strong again...Tell Daddy to take care.Love you guy's ,will chat soon.PS Love your tent..have fun.xxooxxoo Nanny (:3)

     
  • At 4:31 p.m., August 11, 2009 , Blogger Rayna Nielsen said...

    our neighbor planted a bunch of them in his yard and I was really surprised when they start peeking over the 6 foot tall fence between our yards. I didn't know they got that tall!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home