
We made our first visit to our farmer's market today. I've seen the signs along the road and today we finally set aside the time to finally check it out. It wasn't as big as I thought it might be, but it was definitely worth the trip. The prices were pretty good and we also got to see what the farmers grow around here. The one thing I was surprised to see them grow was cantaloupe. They had a great selection of tomatoes, watermelons, squash, zucchini, and even peanuts. Everything looked so fresh and tasty, but we didn't plan on buying much today so I asked Tyler to pick out one thing. He chose a watermelon. On the way out, I noticed the peanuts and picked up a bag. They are raw, so Tyler and I are excited to roast them as we've never done that before. Overall, it felt great to support the local farmer industry. We'll be back again, no doubt.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home