Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Watch Out, Scooby!

Last night while Tyler was taking his shower I thought I smelled something burning as I was putting something in his room. At first I dismissed it for something outside or next door, but as the smell got stronger I decided I better investigate further. So I followed the scent back to Tyler's bedroom and there I quickly noticed Scooby on top of the light bulb belonging to his lamp. Sure enough, when I picked up Scooby he was melted right on the bulb. Poor Scooby had a hole burned right in him and it was just about to reach the inside stuffing. Lucky for us he was caught before that happened as a fire probably would have been started. Of course, Tyler was quite upset over losing one of his favourite stuffed animals and I had to explain the dangers of placing anything on a bulb. 

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 p.m., November 11, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh no! Glad it didn't turn into anything serious. A toy is easily replaced...
    Allison

     
  • At 8:27 p.m., November 17, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know all about that. When I was only 2 1/2 ,I got too close to a candle. I still have a burn scar. I was lucky It was my ear and not close to where I was full of stuffing.Some of the other Stuffs stare at me but I am ok with my scar now. Be careful Scooby.You should consider a little surgery, you might not even have a scar. Love your Stuff Pal, MORGAN

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home