Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Mouthful of Marvelous Memories

Larissa came over tonight for dinner. She said she wanted to provide the dessert. Little did I know though that the dessert she had in mind would totally blow me away. She had found an Italian restaurant with a bakery. Well, she surprised Tyler and I with some very delectable desserts from there. Tyler loved the Italian cookies she bought just for him. I had a nibble of one and they were exactly like the ones I remembered in Sicily. Then later on she showed the other two desserts she got for the two of us. I couldn't believe my eyes when she opened the boxes. In the first box were 3 large pieces of tiramisu and in the other box were two chocolate cannoli. Then she said I could chose which one to eat first. It was a difficult decision because they both looked divine, but after a few minutes of careful consideration and some drooling, I decided on the tiramisu. One bite and I was instantly transported back to our days in Sicily. The taste was just so incredible. I savored each bite. Oh how I missed real authentic Italian food. My taste buds were in pure heaven. After devouring mine, Larissa said she was full and asked if I wanted the rest of hers. At first I was like I couldn't, but then it seemed to be calling my name and before I knew it, I was making a total pig out of myself. If only Steve was home to enjoy this piece of Sicily with us. Now we're watching a movie and waiting for our tummies to settle before starting the cannoli. If we can't go to back to Italy, this is definitely the next best thing. Thanks sooo much, Larissa!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 p.m., May 01, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mmmmmmmm AND Yummmm-yum,can't wait too try some of these treat's...Greeting's to Steve as well,I know you and Tyler can't wait for him to get back home,I keep him in my Prayer's at all time's and Pray for their safe return.Will chat later...Love to you both....xoxoxox from Nanny.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home