Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Day Part 2-Greek Festival

My special day continued with a visit to the Greek Festival. This festival waited for all year long for. Yasuko, Yuki, Tyler, and I went last year and it was just as fabulous this year. The food is out of this world and it being Mother's Day I decided to treat myself to a wide selection of yumminess. My plate included pork souvlaki, moussaka, pastitsio, spanakopita, and for dessert, baklava which I shared with Tyler. His meal was his very favorite,  Greek salad, and some rice pilaf. The pork souvaki was just incredible. It was sooo good. And the moussaka was by far, the best I've ever tasted. After we finished making pigs of ourselves, we sat and let our food digest a bit while taking in the atmosphere. There was lots of entertainment that included Greek music and dancing. When we finally felt that we could get up and walk off our meals, we checked out the vendors. They had clothing, jewelery, souvenirs, books, ornaments and imported foods. We got the boys ice cream, while Yasuko and I shared some freshly made loukoumades. They made them right in front of us. Then we decided to tour the church. This was the first time we were inside and it was stunning. So many details to admire. Finally, it was time to head back home. The festival was a nice addition to my day. My mouth is already watering thinking about next year's. LOL Here are some more photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home