Lost and Found: One Adorable Cat
On our way out this morning, we noticed a cat on the stairwell in our building. She looked quite frightened as we passed by her. About 45 minutes later when I returned, she was still in the same spot. This is when I became quite concerned for her. After giving her some tuna and going back inside for about 20 minutes to see if she would eat it, I checked on her and she hadn't touched a thing. So, I checked with everyone that was home in our building to see if they had perhaps lost a cat. Unfortunately, none did and the cat was still frightened and in the same spot. I sat down with her and she let me pet her. I tried to comfort her by talking to her and it seemed to really ease her nerves. Soon, however, it was time for me to leave and when I returned 30 minutes later, she was still there and the food still untouched. It was hot out and so, I gave her some water, which I don't believe she drank any. Maybe she was too upset to want anything. In my opinion, it was obvious that she was an indoor cat. Every little noise she heard outside made her very tense. And she was immaculate and friendly once she got to know you.
I called the rental office and asked them if maybe they received a call from someone. They didn't, however, they did check their pet logs for our building and the ones close by and none matched. I gave her some cheese to eat, but again she didn't touch it. Then this afternoon it started to downpour and thunder and lightning out. She came up to our floor and I let her into our apartment. She walked around for a bit and then hung out underneath my bed. Tyler was all excited about the cat being here. He was coming up with all kinds of plans, one of which was to buy her a kitten so she wouldn't be lonely. He really wanted to give her a name and keep her. Unfortunately, we are unable to do that. Once the storm was over, we got her from underneath the bed and put her back outside. Hopefully she will find her way back to her home after it becomes dark and a lot more quiet. Please keep her in your prayers.
I called the rental office and asked them if maybe they received a call from someone. They didn't, however, they did check their pet logs for our building and the ones close by and none matched. I gave her some cheese to eat, but again she didn't touch it. Then this afternoon it started to downpour and thunder and lightning out. She came up to our floor and I let her into our apartment. She walked around for a bit and then hung out underneath my bed. Tyler was all excited about the cat being here. He was coming up with all kinds of plans, one of which was to buy her a kitten so she wouldn't be lonely. He really wanted to give her a name and keep her. Unfortunately, we are unable to do that. Once the storm was over, we got her from underneath the bed and put her back outside. Hopefully she will find her way back to her home after it becomes dark and a lot more quiet. Please keep her in your prayers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home