Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Full Day

After dropping Tyler off at school, Erika and I grabbed a coffee at Dunkin Donuts. I tried their pumpkin white chocolate latte and I must say it was yummilicious and Erika tried their pumpkin cream cheese spread on her bagel and it was equally as delicious Then I took Erika to all the good places to shop. Shopping and browsing made us hungry and it was nearly lunchtime, so we decided to look for this vegan bagel place that Erika found online. It was located in downtown Norfolk. Unfortunately, my GPS had an old address and we were out of luck to have lunch there, however since we were downtown and already parked, we walked over to the mall where we enjoyed an amazing Mediterranean sandwich wrap. It was so good that we talked about it afterwards for most of the day. LOL I also introduced Erika to my favorite tea store.
We still had some time before having to pick up Tyler from school, so I used that time to give her the grand tour of our apartment complex. Soon it was time to go pick up my boy for school. It was Friday and so for a treat, we went to this gelato place that my Sicilian friend recommended. She said it was very close to the real thing from back home. Boy, she wasn't kidding. The gelato was to die for. I told Steve that I'm definitely taking him there when he comes back. Even the cappuccino was incredible and they use one of Steve's favorite Italian brands. Erika and I both agreed that we will most likely have to return again before she departs for home.
When we were done, Tyler suggested we should go to the beach. We really didn't have anything else planned for the day, so said why not. By this time, the sun was completely out and it was warmer. It was perfect for the beach. Erika and I watched Tyler play on the playground equipment for awhile and then we decided to build a castle and a bumpy road for Erika. LOL It wasn't long though before he discovered the hill of sand someone made with a bulldozer. We climbed it and Tyler slid down for few times. Erika found a neat coin from last year's Neptune Festival. After awhile, it was time to go back home. We picked up a few things at Wal-Mart, came home, Erika and Tyler drew some pictures before dinner.
Steve Update: Today was the day of the Pisa tour. Afterwards, he had dinner and went to the supermarket to stock up on Italian coffee. Steve and I can never have too much coffee from Italy. We can live on that stuff. He also picked up some for my moka coffee pot which I'm super excited about. Then it was time to get back on the bus for the long haul back to Naples. Once they arrived, he took a boat ride back to the ship. There was a reception going on, but lucky enough for him he didn't have to go. He was able to go to bed on time instead. LOL
Here are a few more photos from today:
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home