OBX Weekend
Friday night after work, Steve came home and said he booked a hotel in the Outer Banks, North Carolina for Saturday night. His plans was for us to drive down early Saturday morning; he wanted to do some 4x4 driving with the MINI on the beach. So, that's exactly what we did. Saturday, after being stuck in traffic for a couple of hours, we drove straight to the beach. It was raining when we arrived, which actually aided in our drive through the beach. We were a little nervous about the car getting stuck in the sand, but with Steve's expert driving and the 4x4 power of the MINI, we made through. It was a blast!!! Everyone that we drove past on the beach, stopped and looked at us in amazement. They couldn't believe that such a small car could get through it all. Well, we sure showed them! LOL
As we turned around and were heading back, the rain stopped and the sun came out. It was such perfect timing. We got out and set up our things on the beach and enjoyed a beautiful day. Tyler played with the boat Rachael gave him as well as his monster trucks. Steve and I sat in our chairs under the umbrella, it was so relaxing. Then I caught a glimpse of the wild horses so notorious for the Outer Banks. I was super excited to see them for the first time, even though I've made several trips to OBX over the years. I ran to grab a few photos. They were gorgeous!
Steve and Tyler made a little sand castle and I collected some seashells. We saw a bunch of dolphins swimming by us too. After awhile, we packed our things back up and decided to go check in our hotel. It was then, that it started to rain. Again, perfect timing. LOL We got cleaned up and dressed for dinner and since we were near the ocean, we were in the mood for seafood. We ended up at the Sunset Grill and had a nice table with a view.
After dinner, we went for a little drive and stopped for some ice cream for dessert. We walked around for a bit while eating our ice cream and then drove back to our hotel where we got ready for bed and watched television before calling it a night. We were quite excited about our next day's adventure, which included some ferry rides, but first we had to have a good night's sleep.
As we turned around and were heading back, the rain stopped and the sun came out. It was such perfect timing. We got out and set up our things on the beach and enjoyed a beautiful day. Tyler played with the boat Rachael gave him as well as his monster trucks. Steve and I sat in our chairs under the umbrella, it was so relaxing. Then I caught a glimpse of the wild horses so notorious for the Outer Banks. I was super excited to see them for the first time, even though I've made several trips to OBX over the years. I ran to grab a few photos. They were gorgeous!
Steve and Tyler made a little sand castle and I collected some seashells. We saw a bunch of dolphins swimming by us too. After awhile, we packed our things back up and decided to go check in our hotel. It was then, that it started to rain. Again, perfect timing. LOL We got cleaned up and dressed for dinner and since we were near the ocean, we were in the mood for seafood. We ended up at the Sunset Grill and had a nice table with a view.
After dinner, we went for a little drive and stopped for some ice cream for dessert. We walked around for a bit while eating our ice cream and then drove back to our hotel where we got ready for bed and watched television before calling it a night. We were quite excited about our next day's adventure, which included some ferry rides, but first we had to have a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home