Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fiberlous Snack Day

In conjunction with learning about the digestive system, the second grade classes held a special Fiberlous Snack Day. The children were asked to bring in foods that were high in fiber to snack on throughout the day. They had a whole table full of foods to eat. We brought in one of Tyler's favorites, Wheat Thins which are loaded with fiber. Tyler's teacher said she is constantly commenting to the class about Tyler's healthy foods he brings in.
This year I volunteered to be Room Mom for Tyler's class. I share this responsibility with another mom and today we set up the table, helped prepare some foods, including the super cute banana ghosts (Tyler's teacher made the pumpkin oranges), and then assisted the children with getting their plates. It was a huge hit. We also got to sit through their health lecture. I loved every minute of it and look forward to working together with the other Class Mom on more class events. It is going to be a busy year in Ms.Taylor's class.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:34 p.m., October 10, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yum yum,I am really happy that Tyler is still choosing to eat healthy foods.I just got back from spending time with Joey...went for a drive to Baddeck,the tree's were starting to turn colour,we may be going around the Cabot Trail soon..hopefully the tree's will be in full colour's....will shoot picture's for you to see.I hope that Tyler's package will soon arrive......he is going to love what I have for him, BYE FOR NOW,Love you all,take care of each other,xxxxoooxx from Nanny/Mom.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home