Canada's Desserts
This morning I made homemade butter tarts for tomorrow's International Thanksgiving Feast at Tyler's school. If you are not Canadian, you may be wondering what butter tarts are. They are basically yummy pastry filled with eggs, butter, sugar and raisins. Growing up in Canada, my mom used to put them in my lunch almost everyday. They were definitely a favourite of mine. I've never made them before, so this was quite the little adventure. They turned out pretty good for the first time making them. Right now, they are cooling off, but I will have a little taste later on.
Last night, while searching for ingredients at our grocery store to make the butter tarts, I came across another Canadian treat, the McCain's Deep n' delicious frozen cake. This was an unbelievable discovery because for years I've been searching for this cake in the States. It just blows my mind that I found it here on this little island and so far away. It is made and imported from the McCain's plant in New Brunswick, Canada. They packaged it in English and Arabic writing. The funny thing is I was JUST saying to Steve about 2 weeks ago that I was craving a McCain's Deep n' Delicious cake and here it is!!! I could have easily used this as my backup if the butter tarts didn't turn out, but no way. The cake is already halfway eaten up. I don't expect it to last until tomorrow.
Last night, while searching for ingredients at our grocery store to make the butter tarts, I came across another Canadian treat, the McCain's Deep n' delicious frozen cake. This was an unbelievable discovery because for years I've been searching for this cake in the States. It just blows my mind that I found it here on this little island and so far away. It is made and imported from the McCain's plant in New Brunswick, Canada. They packaged it in English and Arabic writing. The funny thing is I was JUST saying to Steve about 2 weeks ago that I was craving a McCain's Deep n' Delicious cake and here it is!!! I could have easily used this as my backup if the butter tarts didn't turn out, but no way. The cake is already halfway eaten up. I don't expect it to last until tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home