Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pakistani Cuisine & Indian Sweets

Today my friends and I went to get some Indian Street Food for lunch. Our friend, Minoti, is from India and has been wanting us to give it a try. However, when we arrived at the restaurant we were sadly informed that it is only open for dinner rather than lunch, So instead we sampled some Indian sweets at the shop that was adjacent to the restaurant. They were all very delicious and we ended up buying some for our husbands and kids to try. After we were done with that, we still wanted to have lunch somewhere. Minoti knew of a great Pakistani restaurant nearby, so Gina and I were all for it.
We were warned that the Indian food may be a little spicy and so the Pakistani food was no different, though to my surprise I really didn't find it that spicy. We ordered porkchops, two types of chicken, rice, and butter naan. It was all very tasty. Minoti showed us how they eat in Indian using our fingers. At first, I really wasn't keen on getting them dirty and sticky, but once I dug in it was actually so much fun. It was also relaxing which I can't explain why, just that it was. LOL The method she taught us, I nicknamed "thumb pushing". LOL You use your three fingers and push the food in your mouth with your thumb. Then for dessert, Minoti ordered us an Indian ice cream to try. It wasn't sweet like our ice cream, but rather flavored with cardamon. It was a great time together filled with lots of laughter and good conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home