

So, for the first weekend in awhile I don't have any cake orders. I thought might as well take advantage and sleep in a bit. Meanwhile, little did I know downstairs Tyler was busy preparing another one of his surprise weekend breakfasts for us. Ever since the first weekend surprise breakfasts he planned, he has made it a weekend ritual for us. Little did I know, this weekend the surprise was going to be a little bit extravagant. Tyler took it upon himself to go look up oatmeal recipes on the computer. He found one called "Mama Bear's Porridge". It called for all sorts of things, including butter (but instead used cream cheese because he thought the package was butter), cinnamon (he actually grated a stick of cinnamon instead of using the powder), eggs, honey, as well as some other ingredients he mixed altogether in a bowl. He didn't realize at the time it was suppose to be cooked on the stove (he knows he isn't allowed to use the stove without adult supervision). We know he meant well, and it was super sweet of him to surprise us, but the kitchen was destroyed. LOL What a mess!! So much for my relaxing weekend morning. LOL We didn't care though; "the kitchen breakfast mess while Mom and Dad sleep" scenario has to happen at least once in a child's/parent's lives, right?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home