Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Walked for the Very First Time Today

Wow! I think I am still in shock. This morning Tyler walked for the very first time. He has taken one step several times, but this morning when I stood him between me and "Pony" I never expected to see him take about 5 steps!!! He walked towards his toy chest on the floor in the living room. As soon as he went down on the floor again, I swooped him up and gave him the biggest hug. I was so proud of him!!! He did such a good job too! It was like he had been walking for awhile. (maybe he was behind my back..LOL) Anyway, in the midst of my excitement, I was also sad that Steve couldn't be here to share in this wonderful event. We tried so hard for it to happen while he was home. Oh well, there will be many more "firsts" that Steve will share with Tyler all through his life.

We tried walking again and at first he wasn't even interested in standing, he just wanted to play with his toys. So I let him play a little and then went back and we tried again. This time he took 2 steps before going back on the floor. Then we walked around the house with him holding on to my finger. This got his courage back again and so when we tried the third time, he took 3 steps.

I tried to get a photo of him, but it was impossible because everything happened so fast and I was just too excited. Steve said when he gets home we will try to get some photos and maybe even some video, so you can live in our excitement too!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home