Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Morning

This morning we woke up to some rain. It was so nice to have a rainy day for a change. Back home in Maryland, we are still in a drought and I longed for the day where we could get some rain. Though I was talking to Steve this morning and apparently they got rain a 15 minute shower last night.

After the rain shopped this morning, we decided to head out and get a few caches in the area. One of my favourite things I love about caching is that it sometimes brings us to areas we haven't been before. So this morning, one of the caches brought us to a trail I never knew existed. The three of us went for a little stroll and really enjoyed the beautiful scenery along the river.


Here is a photo that I took of the river. We had such a nice time walking along the trail that we really could have stayed longer, but we had more caches to find and the flies were hungry. We will definitely be back some day and finish our walk though.


Another cache we did brought us to an area that I knew existed but was rather spooky. The house that it was near is a well known haunted house and is actually listed with the Most Haunted Places in Nova Scotia. My friend Tanya used to live nearby and I remember her telling me all about it. I attempted to get this cache last summer, but because I was by myself at the time I chickened out. This time I had Mom and Tyler to keep me company. To say the least, I'm glad to have that cache done and over with!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 p.m., July 30, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heather! My Great Uncle Jack died in that house - he fell down the basement stairs! Everyone says it is haunted, although if my Uncle Jack is still there I am sure he would be a friendly ghost!
    -Christine

     
  • At 11:11 p.m., July 30, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, Mom Marina looks great (and so does Tyler)! I guess having little Ty with her really brings out the smile on her face! We miss you guys and hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful trip and be sure to look at the new rose pics on our blog! Joe's doing a good job with the roses.
    Kristin and Joe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home