Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

Just as I was packing the van up this morning for our venture to the Northstar In for brunch that Mom had made reservations for, I mentioned to my dad that before Tyler and I leave to go back home to the USA that we need to go across the field to see the horses at the nearby farm. I could see the field from where the van was parked in our driveway. I then made another trip to the house to get more things that I needed to bring for Tyler and upon my return happened to look across the field again, only this time saw that there was a horse loose! My dad and I went to the backyard to get a closer look and there we met Mr Baillie in his backyard. We couldn't see where the horse escaped, whether it was through the fence or from inside his stall in the barn. So Mr Baillie decided to go over to see if anyone was home at the farm. Mrs Robertson was home and soon she came out with a bucket of oats to lure the horse back.


Once we knew the horse was in good hands, we piled in the van and headed over to the Northstar Inn for brunch. We've been over here several times before and they reserved a nice table with a view of the ocean and the Newfoundland ferries. We had a nice meal and Tyler had a great time making everyone smile that was nearby. Thank you Dad for treating us!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home