A Day on the Base
Today Steve had some stories to shoot on the base closest to our home, so Tyler and I decided to come along and have some fun on the base. This is one of the more scenic Navy bases that we've seen and it is pretty big with several recreational areas. Tyler and I took advantage of their many playgrounds. After drying off most of the playground equipment from the early morning mist, Tyler and I explored all the slides, swings, and jungle gyms.
This playground was adjacent to a beach and after we were finished with the playground, we went over to the beach and walked around for awhile, picked some rocks and shells and drew in the sand with a stick. Then Daddy and his co-worker found us and we met with them at the food court for lunch.
The sun came out in full force after lunch and so Tyler headed back out for some more fun on the base. We found one of the many planes parked on the base and I took Tyler for a little tour around the airplanes. Tyler is a big fan of airplanes and was fascinated by the whole experience. It was funny to watch him walk underneath it because he would take both of his hands and cover his head. I'm not sure if he thought the plane was going to come crashing down on him or not, buthe didn't appear scared at all.

Then since we had more time, we decided to check out another playground. I managed to find two more beside each other near a scenic pavilion overlooking a pretty river. We stayed here for another hour or so. Tyler was pretty much tired out by the time we got back in the car because by the time I got to the Exchange parking lot, which is about 8 minutes away, he was fast asleep. Then about 5 minutes after that Steve called and said he was finished for the day and that my friends, concluded our day on base.

1 Comments:
At 6:48 a.m., April 11, 2008 ,
Anonymous said...
Aww... this is making me long for snow-free days so I can do stuff outside again! It looks like Tyler had a grand old time - and I love the how the hoodie looks too=)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home