New Friends
Our friend, Katherine, told us about a friend of hers that just moved here from Belgium and is also a military spouse with a child. Her husband goes away a lot and so Katherine thought it would be ideal for her and I to become friends. So for the past week, Ines and I have been corresponding by e-mail and she invited Katherine and I over to her house for lunch today. It was quite exciting to finally meet Ines and I already knew she was a lovely person through our e-mails, so today meeting her in person just confirmed that.
Katherine picked Tyler and I up and since Ines loves water, we drove her to see Solomons, which she really enjoyed. When we got to Ines house, I met her mother-in-law, Patsy, and her beautiful 9 month old daughter, Emma. It wasn't long before Tyler and Emma were having fun. Tyler learned to say her name and they played together in a really neat playpen. Ines and her mother-in-law, prepared a delicious menu including spinach salad, tomato salad, pasta, baked beans, and potato salad. Ines also grilled lots of sausages of several different flavours. Everything was tasty! Then afterwards, Ines offered us chocolates from Belgium! Oh my!!!
We had a wonderful afternoon together. It was wonderful getting to know Ines and Patsy. Patsy took a liking to Tyler and officially welcomed him as one of her own grandchildren. She gave him a chocolate cupcake and chips, which he loved. Ines and I talked about life being a military wife and our love for Europe. We already have plans to meet tomorrow afternoon to finish up the leftovers and to enjoy a nearby beach. Thank you so much Ines and Patsy for a nice time!!! And thank you to Katherine for driving all the way over to my house and picking me up. And also a big thank you for introducing me to some wonderful new friends :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home