Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Timber!

This project actually started on the weekend. Steve went around my mom's yard and cut down some of her bushes and trees. He cleared away all the bushes in the front yard, leaving only a small maple tree that was growing in the middle of one of the bushes. He transplanted that tree to the side of the front yard. Then in the backyard, my mom went and pointed out which trees to cut down. Most of the trees were getting too big.
I must admit it was difficult seeing some of them being cut down. So many memories were associated with the trees that have grown with me. There was one tree that my cat Patches climbed up once and she climbed so high that she was afraid to come down. We had to get a ladder to reach her. Then there was a pine that my brother planted when he was in boy scouts that Patches and a few hamsters were buried under. Another tree I remember my dad used to always sit under during the summer months. There is no doubt that I will miss these trees, but at the same time, now I won't have to worry every time it storms that there will be branches for my mom to clean up or even branches to trim every year. Her well being means more to me than a few trees.
So this afternoon my brother's friend, Robb who owns a disposal and landscaping business, came by and dropped off a 20 yard container for us to fill. It took Steve and I awhile to transfer all of the tree debris, but we managed to get it all in except for a medium size pile of branches. My mom will probably be able to dispose of these in her compost. Tomorrow morning Robb will come by and pick up the container.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 a.m., June 11, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sad, but at least you have your memories. I bet the yard looks like a different place now!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home