Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stung!!!

Late this afternoon, while Tyler was out playing with Andrew in his grandparent's backyard something very unexpected and sad happened. Tyler got stung for the first time! Tyler went down a little slope on the side of their property to get pick up a truck and all of a sudden he started crying. I looked down and my heart stopped as I saw him being swarmed by wasps. There were about 3 or 4 around him. I quickly ran down and grabbed him and Andrew's mom said for us to go into her parent's house. It was then that I could see he got stung on the right side of his face. It was quite red and swollen. The poor little guy soon settled down while I cleaned his face and waited while Andrew's mom went to her house to pick up some ointment. I then went to take off Tyler's jacket and was shocked to see yet another wasp sitting on his jacket! We quickly got rid of it. It wasn't long before Tyler was playing again with Andrew and his toys. I was very thankful that Andrew's mom had the ointment to help with the pain and itching to lend to us! Tyler kept saying he was all better when I would ask him. I think he was just so happy to play with Andrew's toys that nothing seemed to matter. Later on the redness and swelling went down quite a bit. All I kept thinking was that I just pray that he isn't allergic. My poor little guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home