
Travel Bugs or TBs, for short, are the trackable items that move from cache to cache usually with a specific mission. Today Rhonda totally surprised me when she placed a TB in honour of my dad in a cache. As many of you already know, my dad wholeheartedly loved his job as a cement truck driver and even named his truck "Maxine". Rhonda named this TB "Maxine #8" and said it was in tribute of my dad. I was almost in tears when I saw the cement mixer in her hands because I knew exactly what she had done. Both my mom and I are so touched that she has done this to honour my dad. I can vision his smile right now. This would have totally made his day!

Another very special TB released by good friends of ours is the "Looking for Tyler" TB. Katherine and Rodney placed a TB when they came to visit here in Cape Breton in honour of Tyler. It is a Winnie the Pooh TB that is looking for his friend, Tyler that used to live in Maryland. His mission is to find Tyler and other Tylers along his travels and then return back to Maryland.
Thank you to Rhonda, Katherine, and Rodney for tributing your TBs for the special people in my life!!! You guys are very special to my family as well :)
1 Comments:
At 9:42 p.m., November 21, 2008 ,
Katherine Tracey said...
That is so special, Heather. Your friend is very thoughtful. Thanks for thinking of us. We miss you. It looks like Tyler is having lots of fun in Cape Breton.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home