
This morning I got up a little extra earlier so that I could set up the web cam before Tyler made his appearance out in the living room to see what Santa brought him. I wanted Steve to experience the entire thing as if he were here too. I was only up for 10 minutes before I heard the little pitter patter of a little boys' feet, though they didn't come out to the living room right away. I could hear him talking about something so I went to investigate and it was him discovering his Christmas stocking stuffed full of lots of good things. I gave him his stocking, which was hung on our bedroom doorknob, and then we made our way out to the tree. Tyler's eyes grew big with excitement and he couldn't believe how much stuff Santa brought him. He just stood there talking about it for awhile. I expected him to just dive right into the gift opening.

It wasn't long after that Steve logged into the web cam. He had just returned back from his Christmas lunch. We were so happy to have everyone together. We all opened our gifts together.

Everyone received a lot of special things and we are so thankful for everything! Tyler's big gift this year was given to him by Grandpa and Grandma Smith in Rhode Island. They sent Tyler an electric Thomas the Tank Engine train!!! After I put it all together and started Thomas up, Tyler was so delighted to see it go around and around the track. I wish I got video because he was jumping up and down and clapping his hands. It was so wonderful to see his excitement! This afternoon we spent most of our time playing with Thomas and all of his other toys.

Mom and I are not going to have our Christmas dinner today because it is just the two of us. Instead we are waiting for my brother and his wife to drive up from Arkansas and we will all have Christmas dinner together. Joey and Kristin are expected to arrive on Saturday. Anyway, this is how the Smith/Walker Family spent our Christmas day and we wish everyone a wonderful Christmas. Lots of love from us to you all.
Happy Birthday, Jim!!!
2 Comments:
At 10:32 a.m., December 26, 2008 ,
Jayran & Christopher said...
Merry Christmas to our lovely friends Heather, Steve and the one and only cutie pie Tyler !!!
Hope you guys had a fab day and get to be with eachother as soon as possible.
Lots of love
Chris & Jay
At 11:54 a.m., December 26, 2008 ,
We are the Taylors said...
Merry Christmas!!! We miss Steve too and am sad that we don't get to be with each of you this year. So happy he got to see Tyler open his gifts though! Nice jammies Tyler, they look very familar! Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home