Family Christmas
Tyler actually waited until it was daytime before coming in our room to tell us that Santa had come. When we all got up, he ran to get his stocking and started opening the presents he got in it. Then we gave him a gift from under the tree to open. After Tyler was finished opening his present, Steve noticed a box with my name on it and it read that it had to be opened first. When I opened it, I was shocked to see that it was a brand new camera!!! I almost cried!!! I record this special day with this beautiful camera I received. Tyler was very happy to get everything he got. Some of the things he received were an Imaginex Aircraft carrier, Transformer(from Nanny), Hess truck (from Nanny), Spider-Man books (from Dawsyn), Legos, G.I. Joe figurines, clothes, a Pillow Pet, a Glo Doodle (from Maia), and a Playmobile mailman set (from Erika). The very last gift he opened was Criss Cross Crash, which was the one thing he wanted the most from Santa.
Steve's favourite Christmas movie is 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation', he loves it so much that in high school he and his friends had watched it every day from Thanksgiving until after New Year's. So to say the least, he knows every line of the movie and is a big fan. A few years ago, he looked online to see if he could get one of the glass moose mugs, however they were way too expensive. This year however, I got the heads up from his cousin, Sue, who is also a huge fan of the movie. Steve was very surprised when he opened the box to see the mug and that made me very happy. He also got a shirt from the movie as well as a shirt from the cartoon, 'Adventure Time', another show we watch every Monday night. He also got another normal everyday shirt. He also received some clothes from my mom.
As for myself, I must have been very good this year because Santa totally spoiled me. I not only received the beautiful camera and case, I also received a Kitchen Aid mixer, something I have always dreamed of owning. I could not believe my eyes when I opened the box. I wanted to put it in the kitchen right away to see what it looked like, I just starred at it in amazement. Then just when I thought my Christmas was complete, I was handed another box and inside was a Crock Pot. Tyler also gave me some colours for my icing, something I was getting really low on. My mom also gave me some clothes and Tena gave me a bracelet. Steve also surprised Tyler and I with a Wii and some Wii games. As well as...a DISNEY CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!
The remainder of the day was spent getting ready for Christmas dinner. I cooked a ham, which I would like to thank my mom for helping over the phone with. I had to take a photo to show my mom that it actually turned out OK. LOL I also made some very delish scalloped sweet potatoes and green beans and mushroom mix. Meanwhile, Tyler had a blast taking all his new toys out of their boxes and testing them all out.
Our friends, Larissa, Yasuko and Yuki, came over for Christmas dinner. It was sooo much fun having them over. We shared some laughs and great conversation. Larissa couldn't go home to her family for Christmas because she was on duty and Yasuko is far away from her family in Japan, so it was really nice sharing this special day together with them. Overall, I must say that this was my favourite Christmas. Steve and I really wanted to just wake up in our own beds for once on Christmas morning and it was so wonderful being able to do that. Even though I received some fantastic gifts this year, my favourite gift of all was just being able to have a nice quiet Christmas at home this year. Being a military family makes you truly appreciate the times you have together because you never know what's in store from one day to the next.
Steve's favourite Christmas movie is 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation', he loves it so much that in high school he and his friends had watched it every day from Thanksgiving until after New Year's. So to say the least, he knows every line of the movie and is a big fan. A few years ago, he looked online to see if he could get one of the glass moose mugs, however they were way too expensive. This year however, I got the heads up from his cousin, Sue, who is also a huge fan of the movie. Steve was very surprised when he opened the box to see the mug and that made me very happy. He also got a shirt from the movie as well as a shirt from the cartoon, 'Adventure Time', another show we watch every Monday night. He also got another normal everyday shirt. He also received some clothes from my mom.
As for myself, I must have been very good this year because Santa totally spoiled me. I not only received the beautiful camera and case, I also received a Kitchen Aid mixer, something I have always dreamed of owning. I could not believe my eyes when I opened the box. I wanted to put it in the kitchen right away to see what it looked like, I just starred at it in amazement. Then just when I thought my Christmas was complete, I was handed another box and inside was a Crock Pot. Tyler also gave me some colours for my icing, something I was getting really low on. My mom also gave me some clothes and Tena gave me a bracelet. Steve also surprised Tyler and I with a Wii and some Wii games. As well as...a DISNEY CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!
The remainder of the day was spent getting ready for Christmas dinner. I cooked a ham, which I would like to thank my mom for helping over the phone with. I had to take a photo to show my mom that it actually turned out OK. LOL I also made some very delish scalloped sweet potatoes and green beans and mushroom mix. Meanwhile, Tyler had a blast taking all his new toys out of their boxes and testing them all out.
Our friends, Larissa, Yasuko and Yuki, came over for Christmas dinner. It was sooo much fun having them over. We shared some laughs and great conversation. Larissa couldn't go home to her family for Christmas because she was on duty and Yasuko is far away from her family in Japan, so it was really nice sharing this special day together with them. Overall, I must say that this was my favourite Christmas. Steve and I really wanted to just wake up in our own beds for once on Christmas morning and it was so wonderful being able to do that. Even though I received some fantastic gifts this year, my favourite gift of all was just being able to have a nice quiet Christmas at home this year. Being a military family makes you truly appreciate the times you have together because you never know what's in store from one day to the next.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home