Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Okonomiyaki

A long long time ago I remembered Steve telling me about this Japanese dish he had always wanted to try. He had seen it once in an animation he watched one time. The dish is called okonomiyaki and it sort of like a Japanese pancake or pizza. Yasuko wanted to teach me how to make it, but we never had time, but she assisted me in getting the correct ingredients.Tonight I tried making it on my own and surprised Steve with it for dinner. It turned out more awesome than I hope it would. Our taste buds were in pure heaven. It was mega tasty and definitely a recipe that's a keeper. On a totally different note, we took our first family photo, since Steve's return home from his deployment, this morning before dropping off Tyler at school. Then Steve and I had the rest of the morning with just the two of us. :) Unfortunately, he has to return back to the old grind tomorrow. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home