Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Hop Hop Hoppy Easter

Early this morning, Tyler woke up to go look for the Easter eggs that the Easter Bunny may have left for him. Turned out that the Easter Bunny not only left several eggs, but they were also filled with all natural and organic ingredients, just the kind of candy Tyler is allowed to eat.
While on his egg hunt, he also found a huge Easter basket filled with lots of cool things that 6 year old boys love including some Hot Wheels cars, puzzles, a life jacket to wear to the pool in the summer, a boogie board, Crayons, a giant pencil, google eyed stickers, and more organic treats.
When the excitement was over, I started to prepare our Easter meal. I cooked a ham using my mom's recipe. My mom makes the BEST ham in the world! I also used her scalloped potatoes recipe and had peas on the side. My friend, Yasuko, and her son came over to have Easter lunch with us. This was the third year in a row that we celebrated together which was nice. We did miss Dad a lot. He said the Easter Bunny was on the ship making his rounds to pose for photos with the Sailors and to pass out candy. They also had a Easter services and a special Easter meal lined up for them. I will post the photo of Steve with the Easter Bunny as soon as I receive it. Happy Easter everyone from the Smith Family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home