Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Tyler Turns 8 Years Old

Well, it's happened yet again; our boy turned another year older. It still seems like yesterday that he was just teeny tiny and we were holding him in our arms, but 8 years have past since those early days. 8 wonderful years filled with lots of love, laughter, and fun times together. There isn't a single day that goes by that we are not thankful for this amazing blessing that God has given us. I truly can't imagine life without this boy. We love him so very very much. He is our everything and so much more. From the first time we laid eyes on him, he still owns our heart. So, the birthday boy started his day out with special bread that I brought home from the cafe I went with the girls yesterday. Unfortunately, after breakfast Dad had to go to work for a few hours. Tyler played Minecraft for a bit while I did some chores and then he started to build Legos with the set Grandma in Florida sent him. Later on, we sat down together and played a game of the board game, Operation. Then we played a few games of Hide and Seek which was a lot of fun.
By this time, Dad sent us a text message to let us know that he was on his way home. We had a birthday party to attend for a girl in his class. It was at the mall at Magic Planet, a venue filled with carnival rides, games and arcade games. The kids had a blast and the parents had a nice time also. Afterwards, we got to use a card with free tokens given to us by the birthday girl. Tyler and his friend from class, Sofia and her sister, played a few games together before we left the mall. We picked up a few items for Tyler's party we are having next weekend. Since we were already invited to a birthday party this weekend by a girl in the class, we decided to postpone Tyler's party until then.
When we got home, I totally surprised Tyler with some gifts from Dad and I and my mom. All throughout the day, he never once asked if we got him anything. I guess he assumed we were waiting for the party. I just felt it was a long tim for him to wait. Both my mom and Dad and I got him some books. Lately I had been updating his library, getting rid of the books that were below his reading level, so we got him books to replace those.
Soon after that, I let Tyler pick out a movie that we could watch together. While he was going through his movies trying to decide which one to watch, I got his cake ready and again, surprised him. We sang Happy Birthday, he blew out his candle, and then we had some cake. The cake is a small version of what I plan to do for his party, so I'll wait to post the photo. I'll leave you in suspence. LOL Anyway, he ended up picking out "The Emperor's New Groove" which is a great movie!
While we were watching it, Dad noticed on FaceBook that our best friend back in Chesapeake, had her baby today. I was just talking to her yesterday and she said she was trying to hold off until today to have her because she wanted her to be Tyler's Birthday Buddy!!!! I couldn't be more happy!!! Then her mom, Dawn, called us from the hospital to ask if Rachael, her daughter and Tyler's beat friend, could wish him a happy birthday. That phone call just made our day. It was so wonderful hearing her voice. What an awesome best friend to take the time out of her extremely busy day with the new arrival to call and wish Tyler a happy birthday. So very sweet!!! It made Tyler's day also. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home