Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, March 03, 2014

The Making of a Minecraft Party

So, it turns out having a Minecraft party is a lot of work. Everything has to be made by hand since supplies are not available in stores or online. My first task was to make a piñata. The ghost creature in Minecraft is called a ghast. Anyway, so turns out a ghast is the perfect Minecraft creature to use as a piñata since there would be ribbons attached to the bottom. I didn't want our villa destroyed by a blindfold break the piñata, so instead I made a pull the string type, which suited well for a ghast. After it was completed, I filled it up with small toys we purchased.

Then it was time to make a Minecraft Steve head to use instead of a blindfold for the Pin the Tail on the Minecraft Pig. Everything in Minecraft is pixel-ed, so there was a lot of squares to cut for the Steve.
And now, the Pin the Tail on the Minecraft Pig. The kids wrote their names on the tails that they "pinned" on.
You gotta have creeper juice at a Minecraft party, so naturally you need creeper cups. Here's the cups I made:
Let's get to the cake now. Since the cakes had to be square, I was afraid the pan I had didn't produce a big enough cake for everyone. So, I ended up making two cakes. The first one is a creeper cake and the second one is a grass and dirt cake. Here they are:

Every party needs treat bags to give out as a thank you for your guests. Steve made me labels to put on each of the treats. I made TNT out of licorice, cookies, sticks out of pretzels, and Gold out of gold packaged chocolate bars.
 Steve made graphics to be displayed on the TV during the party and downloaded some Minecraft themed music we used for the hot potato game.
Yes, it was a lot of work, but birthdays only come once a year and Tyler won't be young for too much longer. The smiles on each of the kid's faces made it all worth while. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 p.m., March 07, 2014 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Miss you Tyler,wish I could have been there to celebrate your 8th year.(maybe next year) (=0) Gosh you are doing very well at school,I am soo proud of you,keep doing your best.Have to sign off for now....Love,hugs and XXOOXXXOOOXXX,Nan,.HI TO HEATHER,AND STEVE.SEE YA.......

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home