Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Everyday I feel so very blessed to be able to be a mother. My family is truly the best. They are my everything. This Mother's Day my family made me cards, including Tiara. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness. This meant more to me than a store bought card. They put the time into doing this for me and used their own words to express their love. I will cherish these cards forever.
Mother's Day of course falls on a Sunday, however Sunday is a normal school/work day here in Bahrain. So the 2nd grade teachers and students held a lovely Mother's Day Tea for all of us mothers. They sang songs, both in English and in Arabic. Read poems they made. Served us Moroccan tea and gave us cupcakes to eat. They also made us treat bags filled with pretty flower vase with paper flowers inside, a cute tea cup that I will cherish forever, and some chocolates. After the tea, I went to the cafeteria and ate lunch with my boy.

 To complete my day, Steve and Tyler took me out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It was the perfect way to end a special day with the ones I love with all my heart!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home