Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bigger Bibs Needed Now

I'm not sure why I put it off for so long, but yesterday was the first time Tyler attempted to feed himself with a spoon. Maybe it was because of the mess I knew he would make or the thought of what he would do with the container of yogurt. Anyway, Tyler did an awesome job!!! At first, he took the container in both of his hands and put it up to his mouth like a cup, but then I took his hand with the spoon in it, and we fed him together. It wasn't soon after that, that he got the hang of it himself.
I originally chose a spoon that wouldn't make too much of a mess as it was bigger and held the food in better; but then as he became better, I switched him to a spoon that fitted easier in his tiny mouth.
Boy, it wasn't long before he totally got the hang of it and was even handling his sippy cup and feeding himself at the same time.


After we were all done, he took the time to point out the photos on the container. I feed him YoBaby yogurt, which has whole milk especially made for babies and that I ate a lot of when I was pregnant.

Of course, afterwards we gave Tyler a big round of applause for doing such a good job. I want to thank Angie for giving me the feeding tips. She also used yogurt for Garret's first self feeding. She says because of its' thick consistency, it is not as messy.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:06 a.m., June 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    he is very cute , and have a very smart look ... i love the yogurt i used the same for sofia . i`m sorry i dont write u more often but i`m very busy ,the kids been sick for 2 weeks . love Desy

     
  • At 10:18 a.m., June 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wOw! It has been some time since I last commented ya?

    hahas...Tyler is so cute! =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home