The Making of Jack

"Mommmy and I carved a pumpkin last night. It's for Halloween night. Mommy did most of the work, but I got to help out as well. It was a lot of fun! The first thing we did was cut a hole in the top. Mommy says it's so that we can scoop out the pulp inside."

"Then Mommy put the pumpkin on the floor, so I could see inside. It was gooey and slimy looking. She said we had to scrape all that stuff out! I was surprised!"

"I watched Mommy as she took her hand and put it inside the pumpkin! It looked like so much fun that I wanted to try it. I took some gooey stuff out as well as some pumpkin seeds."

"After a few minutes, we thought it would be much faster to use a spoon to scrape the pulp out instead. She was right, but it was more fun getting my hands all gooey."

"She let me scrape out some all by myself and then she joined in to help me. Cooperation!"

"Once we had all the pulp scooped out, it was then time to start carving. A knife had to be used, so Mommy had to do this part. She first cut out an eye. She let me play with it afterwards. I put the pumpkin eye on my eye and then on hers...tee hee."

"As she carved out more pieces, another eye and a nose, she let me play with the pumpkin parts!"

"Look here I am with the pumpkin's smile. I have more teeth than this guy has!"
"Then Grammy got some leaves to put under him and she added some ivy. The ivy actually came from Mommy's wedding bouquet that she kept and it grew lots. Then she added a lit candle. The candle was also from Mommy's and Daddy's wedding!""At last, we were all finished. Jack was born!"

2 Comments:
At 3:02 p.m., October 30, 2007 ,
We are the Taylors said...
How awesome!! We didn't get to carve pumpkins this year for lack of funds. Next year will be better though and Brye will probably be able to design her own face. Don't you love the faces the kids make when they squish the insides with their hands? Too cute!
At 2:34 a.m., November 01, 2007 ,
Anonymous said...
love Jack! he came out great! mine was kind of a rush job, but he still had character lol
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home