Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Running Through the Park

There is no such thing as walking and taking our time, when Tyler is around. No way, he definitely keeps us busy and on our toes. He never walks. The only time I've seen him slow down is when he is sick. There is no stopping this little guy! Yesterday was no exception, Mom and I took him down to a park where I used to go on a regular basis to just stroll through the many trails and take in the beauty of nature.

It was a little chilly yesterday, but we bundled up Tyler and he was ever so happy to get out of the house and run around with us through the park. It was a lovely way to spend our Thanksgiving Day.

While on one of the trails, we stopped and noticed a pretty bird in one of the trees along the trail. After I took his picture, it swooped down to Tyler and almost landed on his hand that he had held out. It was really neat and my mom said that when I was little, the birds use to love me too. Apparently, I would be out in the yard and the birds would flock all around me and be so close enough to peck all around my feet.


Mom and I sure got our exercise yesterday, but we had fun. I just wished that we had thought about taking Tyler here when we had warmer weather.
Steve Update: Steve and his co-workers are still in Afghanistan, but tonight they are waiting at the airport. Today marks the first day of their long journey back home. Their original date of the 10th of October, which is tomorrow, will not be met. They are now looking at the possibility of leaving the Middle East around the 16th. Steve says he has been more than ready to come home now, for about the past 2 weeks.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home