Yay!!! Erika is Here!!!
Erika came down on the bus this morning from St. John, New Brunswick. It was 10 hour bus ride for her, but she said it wasn't too bad. It has been 5 years since the last time we were together, though it seems like much longer than that. I'm so happy that she finally got to meet Tyler. She is Tyler's "Auntie" and the creator of "Puppy", Tyler's beloved sock dog she made for his first birthday. However the "sock fun" doesn't stop there, she gave Tyler another "sock animal", this time being a "sock monkey". We haven't thought of a name yet for him yet, but I'm sure by the time Erika leaves, we will have thought of a good one.
Tonight Erika had some fun with Tyler by playing the drums on the sofa cushions with the sock monkey. Tyler had a grand time and even asked for me to bring his other animals to try and drum along with him, however none of them were quite up to Tyler's standards, like the sock monkey was.
Erika, has only been here a few hours but already we are laughing up a storm just like old times. I'm grateful to have friends like her, especially during this sad time for me. It really makes a difference.
Steve Update: Though I have a good friend with me now, I am sad that Steve and I didn't get to talk on the phone today. This was the first day since he left that we haven't been able to talk on the phone. I did, however receive an e-mail from him this morning and this afternoon he text messaged me to say he was in back in Kuwait and that he would try to phone in a few hours. It was late at night there at the time, so he was probably too tired afterwards or the phone centre may have been closed for the night. I am thankful though to have heard from him. I hope to talk to him tomorrow.

1 Comments:
At 12:06 p.m., October 02, 2007 ,
Anonymous said...
How she makes puppets from socks ?
i want to do same for my children . desiree
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home