Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Broken

At nap time yesterday afternoon, as I was putting Tyler down he showed me his pacifier and said it was "broken". One of his newer words just happens to be "broken" and he likes to use it a lot. So I looked at the pacifier and sure enough it was broken. There must have been a little angel looking down on Tyler because the rubber part was almost completely off and if he should have sucked on it, there would have been a good chance it would have come loose and he would have choked.

I was using his 2nd birthday as a deadline anyway to finally wean him off the pacifier, so since his birthday is only in a few weeks time, it was perfect timing. Tyler said he wanted Daddy to fix the pacifier and I said that we would have to see what he could do when he returned from work, but that it looked like it couldn't be fixed. Tyler wasn't too pleased of course and so it took awhile for him to finally fall asleep.

We typically use the pacifier only for sleeping and we stopped using it in the car and he does fall asleep without it there. Last night, he woke up 3 times, but it was only briefly before falling back to sleep again. Tyler understands that "friggy" (this is what he calls his pacifier and sippy cup) is broken, so I don't think it's going to take much time at all before he is completely weaned off of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home