No Nap
Though he hasn't tried another attempt at climbing out of the crib, he did have an interesting "nap" yesterday. Tyler is usually pretty good at taking his naps, but for the past week and a half he has been having a difficult time falling asleep.Generally when we put him in his crib, he puts the pacifier in his mouth, lays down and we typically don't hear from him until a few hours. This was definitely not the case yesterday. At first, he was quiet for probably 20 minutes, but then he started to cry to get out. I let him cry for awhile, but then I thought he should have been asleep by now, so I went in and what I found was quite shocking. Here was Tyler stark naked from his waist down. He had pulled off his pants and taken off his diaper. So after putting back on his stuff, I put him back to bed. Again, he took his pacifier in his mouth and laid down. I really thought he was finally going to sleep now. No, this was not the case, again he started up with the crying and as time went on and he didn't stop, I went to check on him and this time he had the front of his shirt pulled over his head, exposing his chest. So again, I put his shirt back on him and he laid down. A few minutes later, he started crying again. At this point, he would have been up now after his nap and it was obvious he was not going to sleep so I got him out of his crib.
Last night, just before I went to bed I went in to check on him, like I always do, and he was still awake! Then he woke up at 1 am crying again. He NEVER wakes up crying through the night. He hasn't done that since he was just a baby. So now I'm thinking that he might be cutting another tooth. I noticed this morning that he does have a little red patch on one of his cheeks. Usually this is an indication that they are getting a new tooth in.
About 30 minutes ago, I put him down for his nap and so far it's all quiet in there. Hopefully he'll get a much needed nap today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home