Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ballet for Horses

This weekend there is a dressage event held at one of the local stables. Being a horse lover, I definitely did not want to miss out. However this morning when I looked out the window it was raining cats and dogs (not even one horse in sight). So with that being said, we did our errands instead. By early this afternoon, the rain stopped and it looked like it was clearing up. It didn't take me long to jump in the car and head over to the event.
The event was quite exciting! I've never been to a dressage show before. For those who may not know, dressage is best described as ballet for horses. It is where rider and horse work closely together to perform graceful ballet-like moves. There were quite a few competitors from all over the Maritimes. The horses were absolutely beautiful! They made my day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home