Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Franklin's Family Christmas

This afternoon we attended the long awaited Franklin's Family Christmas show with Charmaine and Cameron. For those not familiar with Franklin, he is a turtle who can "count by two's and tie his shoes". Franklin started out as a children's novel, but also has his own animated series shown on PBS and Tree House. Tyler and I first became a fan of Franklin through his books, though I was already familiar with him through my childhood. Tyler was ever so happy to have his little buddy, Cameron, to join him in the fun! Before the show, Charmaine and I picked up Franklin shirts as a souvenior. We got a quick photo of the boys wearing them and they looked so cute together! Charmaine and I noticed that there were security guards at the children's event. We really didn't see a reason for them being there, however soon after the show started we could understand why they were there! The kids rushed to the stage as if it was a rock concert! Tyler wasn't very long before he joined the bunch too. They got a much better view and the kids enjoyed the show more in the company of each other. The show was 90 minutes in total with an intermission. It was very well put together. Charmaine and I were highly impressed with the quality of the production! There was lots of singing and dancing. Tyler even hummed to Silent Night and clapped to some of the songs. Both boys had a fantastic time as well as Charmaine and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home