
For awhile now, I knew about the quilt Steve's aunt was making for my mom. Aunt Julie phoned us shortly after my father passed away and asked me what my mom's favourite colours were and that she was planning on making a quilt for her. She asked me to keep it a secret as she wanted to surprise my mom. Julie made a beautiful quilt for Tyler , so I knew the amazing talent she possessed.

Julie and my mom met one afternoon while visiting a family friend in New York when Mom came down to be with us just after Tyler was born. During that meeting, Julie said that she felt from my mom that she was "a kind and gracious spirit". Anyone who knows my mom will tell you that is definitely Mom's characteristics. Mom is the most caring person I know and I'm not just saying this because she is my mom.

When I answered the door this morning and said there was a parcel for her, my mom kept disbelieving that the box was indeed for her. When she opened it and saw the beautiful quilt Julie made especially for her, she hugged it so tight and said that she really needed this to cheer her up today. Then when she read the card and lovely letter that Julie wrote, she was almost in tears. Thank you so much, Aunt Julie, for making this absolutely gorgeous quilt for my mom and also for totally making her day. It is just perfect!!! This hasn't been an easy time for my mom, but it's friends and family like Aunt Julie that really help her get through each day.
1 Comments:
At 9:52 a.m., February 24, 2009 ,
Anonymous said...
Thank-You Julie, for this beautiful gift of the heart.It also brought tears to my eyes when I viewed this blog. You have a very kind and generous soul.I too love my quilt,you hand made for me 3 years ago..Marina when you are having a blue day just wrap yourself up in your happiness quilt and you will be Hugged. That is what I do with mine.I have been using it often lately myself.Love to all,Sandy ( Julie's sister)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home