Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Last week I mentioned to Tyler that we should go to the beach soon. Just hearing the word "beach" had him more than excited about going and so everyday since then he would ask if it was the day to go to the beach. Either it was too hot or we had other things to take care of, we ended up putting off our beach day, that is, until today. When we first approached the beach site, I couldn't believe that there was no one else there. We had the whole beach to ourselves...woohoo! However, Tyler wanted to check out the playground first. We had some fun together; we would take turns pushing each other down the slide. After Tyler got his fill of the playground, we finally headed to the beach. We still had the whole beach to ourselves. It was so nice and relaxing! While Tyler filled his dump truck with sand, I laid in the sun listening to the waves. It wasn't too hot, there was a nice breeze. We could have easily stayed there the entire day. Unfortunately, I didn't think to pack a lunch because I didn't expect to stay too long because i thought it was going to be too hot. So since we were at the beach on the base, we headed on over to the commissary and grabbed some lunch. Then on our drive home, some little boy didn't last too long before falling asleep. The morning wore him out pretty good. We came home just in time, before the sun disappeared and the thunder and lightning started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home