Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

1st Day of 1st Grade

Another school year has started in full swing and today Tyler entered into the 1st grade. The 1st grade is full of new challenges that will help further the growth of my 6 year old boy. This is the first year for a full day of classes that in itself, will probably take some adjustment. This morning started out much earlier than we're used to and so, getting Tyler up and out of bed took some time. LOL Once we were in the car and on the way to school, I asked him some questions to help determine whether or not he was nervous or excited about his first day. But he was not interested in a conversation regarding school, instead he preferred to discuss bears and their ability to climb trees. LOL
Upon walking him to his classroom, he stopped and told me that he knew what room he had to go to and said I didn't need to escort him. I respected his wishes and as I watched him walk down the hallway, it was difficult not to burst in to tears. My boy is growing much too fast.
On my way out of the school, I ran into Mrs. Tyner, Tyler's kindergarten teacher, she was happy to see me again and said that she has another kid with the name Tyler Smith in her class this year. 
All day long I thought about how he was doing and prayed that he would have a good day. When I picked him up, the first thing he said to me was that he saw a ton of his friends from last year. He also told me that he really likes his teacher and said that must be how she got her name (Mrs Liakos). LOL The class read lots of books and they each got a turn sitting in bean bag chairs while they read. At lunch, his teacher bought the whole class pizza, corndogs and ice cream. And he said he really likes this girl named, Bella, because she would laugh at everything he said during lunch.  He was quite tired when he got home which is to be expected during the first week.Overall, my baby boy had a great first day of the first grade. 

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 a.m., September 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nan is sooo happy that your first day of school was great....getting lot's of sleep, make's having a good attitude to start your day =) The weather has turned a little chilly....Brrrrr,leave's are beginning fall,Squirrel's are getting supplies to store away for....Shivvveer ...WINTER..boo-hoo,wish I were in VA.Hope you and your mom will have a good day,Love you much ...OOXXOOXXOOXXX's Love Nanny/Mom.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home