Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Surprise Call

Just after I finished cleaning the apartment, getting a shower, and we were getting ready to head out the door, I received a phone call from my good friend, Katherine. She said she was in Norfolk and would like to get together for some ice cream. Of course, I said yes, I couldn't wait to get together with her. It had been way too long. Steve and I miss our Maryland family a lot. So we met at the gelato place and I met her niece, nephew, and her niece's husband. Rodney was there too! We spent the afternoon together eating gelato, catching up and watching Tyler draw pictures of whoopee cushions and then sitting on them. LOL It was absolutely wonderful seeing Katherine and Rodney again. I only wished Steve could have been there too. But we only have one more sleep until his arrival home. It still feels surreal to me. This has been such a long deployment, I just can't believe we are finally coming to the end. I know I won't sleep tonight; I'm way too excited. Here are some photos of Walt that Steve took yesterday on the ship, as well as more photos with Katherine and Rodney.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home