Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chicken Machboos

The national dish of Bahrain is Chicken Machboos or Bahraini Spiced Chicken and Rice. Thus far, it is my all time favorite meal here. After picking up groceries, we typically head for the food court just downstairs from the grocery store. LuLu, our grocery store, is a 4-storey building with grocery department being on the 3rd floor, home center on the top, parking on the bottom floor, and food court along with a few other stores on the second floor. I always order the Chicken Machoos every time we eat there and so, I thought it was a must that I learn how to create this yummilious meal myself. The ingredients contain a lot of spices (not spicy hot), chicken, rice, and even dried limes which is a common ingredient found here in the Middle East. While making this yesterday, the kitchen had an incredible aroma of smells from all the different spices. The meal was a hit, even with my pickiest eater, Tyler. I will definitely be making this again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home