Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Update

After a few days of having internet connection problems, we are now back online! I thought I would update you all on our past couple of days. As promised, I took my favourite little guy on a lunch date on Thursday. We went to McDonald's and Tyler had his favourite: fries! He had a great time taking them out of the package himself and eating them one by one. A few little girls kept coming over to him to say hello and their mom came by our table to see Tyler as well. We got into a nice little conversation and found out that one of her girls has a birthday on Feb. 20th, the day before Tyler's! After lunch, we ventured out to find a scrapbook store so I could do a few more pages in Tyler's scrapbook.

Then yesterday my other favourite guy came home from his trip to San Diego! I surprised him with a special heart shaped cake I made especially for him. I bake a chocolate fudge cake and decorated it with fudge icing and put cherries on top. I used the ruffled heart shaped pan that Sandy gave me last year. It came out looking pretty good and it tastes even better!

We picked Steve up last night and it is so good to have him back home again! The few days that he had been gone seemed more like a week!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:08 p.m., February 15, 2007 , Blogger Grandma said...

    Heather.. great job. I am so proud of your accomplishments....That pan is great isn't it? I used mine to mold a heart shaped Rice Krispy treat. Jim's favorite... Also I lined the bottom with walnuts,just around the edges then poured a double batch of brownie batter ontop , baked and when it was finished. I turned it out upside down and It was really pretty ,Brownie in the shape of heart and outlined wth walnuts, sprinkled a little conf. sugar no top. I had no complaints!!!!Love you guys!!

     
  • At 2:27 p.m., February 21, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Would have been nice to have seen ya, just in SAN DIEGO...

    bluebonnetdreams.net

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home