Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Monday, May 07, 2007

We Survived CAM 2007!

Yay! We finally completed our CAM caches! For the past month, our focus has been mainly aiming to complete the required CAM (Caching Across Maryland) caches in order to go to the big CAM event. Only those cachers who have completed all CAM caches are allowed to go to the final CAM picnic. And insuring that this was the case, they placed secret letters in each cache in which we had to cross off on the CAM card they provided for us. A few days before the event, they released a decoder to give us the coordinates of the secret CAM event location.
The event turn out was excellent. There were lot of cachers who showed up. To celebrate our hard work and dedication in finding all CAM caches, we had a potluck picnic. I was originally going to bring cupcakes, but the day before it was rainy and I was kind of bored, so I ended up decorating a CAM cake. I wrote on it "We completed CAM 2007" and decorated it in official geocaching colours.



During CAM they encouraged us to really enjoy the beautiful scenery that Maryland has to offer and in doing so, they had a photo contest which they judged and announced the winners at the picnic. Steve won for several of his photos and surprisingly enough I won for Best Overall Photo for my barn photo.
It was funny because at the last minute, Steve asked me if I wanted to submit any of my photos that I took while CAMing and I hesitated at first because I didn't think I had very many good photos and so I selected my barn photo just to say that I submitted something. I'm so glad I did now :)
The event was a lot of fun and we think it was the best one that we've been to thus far. It was wonderful just to get together with our caching friends and meet some new ones. We actually met another Baby Tyler who also caches. He is a few months younger than our Baby Tyler. It was fun to get them together. Tyler also made another new friend, Becka. They were practically inseparable during the entire picnic. It was so cute!!!
Of course, Tyler was so happy to be reunited with his favourite puppy or should I say, Geo-cousin. Geo Uncle Richie and Geo Aunt Barbie took their adorable and very sweet dog, Bailey to the picnic. Tyler just loves Bailey!
After we ate and talked a bit, we headed off to find some caches that were hidden in the park. There was a bunch of us all from our Southern Maryland group that went out to find them. There were so many cachers out doing the same thing, that we actually had to wait inline and sign the log. To say the least, finding them for the most part wasn't too difficult.

We had an awesome time at the event and we already can't wait till the next one!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 p.m., May 08, 2007 , Blogger We are the Taylors said...

    Sounds awesome!! I wish they had those kind of events down here. We don't have very many at all, seems like only in April but they aren't anything like the CAM event.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home