Smith Family News

The latest updates about Steve, Heather and Tyler.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Training Halfway Point


On Friday we put on full body armor, or "battle rattle" as the Army calls it, and headed over to the confidence course. Luckily, we left our weapons and "battle rattle" behind as we took on the course. It was pretty tough, especialy for us out-of-shape types. Once we completed the course... it was time to run it again. If I wasn't exhausted the first time around, I was in really bad shape the second time. We then gathered our gear and put it all back on headed for the bus and on to the next firing range. Using techniques we learned the day before, we shot various close range, pop-up targets while standing. After lunch we were back in the classroom for combat first aid. On Saturday we were in the classroom for cultural awareness briefings for Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq. It was very interesting and I think many people in the class now have a different perspective on the Arab and Muslim cultures. Now, we are off for the remainder of the weekend! I'm thinking hotel, hot shower and real food...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:17 p.m., September 02, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Steve,
    I'm sorry you have to do this. Paul said the Army is rough. He is still activated but we don't have word yet on whether he is going. We are hoping to hear in October. Just know that we are thinking of you and keep us updated. Love, Julie and Paul

     
  • At 1:08 p.m., September 05, 2007 , Blogger Jayran & Christopher said...

    You look so tierd Steve!! I still dont get why you gotto do this? I am constantly praying for your return safely. Please take care of your self.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home