Trick or Treat!
Eventhough this was Tyler's second Halloween, it really felt like his first because last year we were so new to our neighbourhood and he was so young still that we never bothered taking him out.As you might imagine, we had so much fun picking out his costume. Tyler loves puppies, so as soon as I saw this costume in the store I just new he would love it. How cute he looked wearing it too. He kept making "woof woof" noises when we first put it on him. Just before dinner tonight, I took him out to get some photos of him wearing it. He had so much fun walking around in it and even more fun trying to pick things up wearing his "paws".

Once we were finished eating dinner, we were all set to go. Rhonda mentioned to me the last time I was with her that her and her mom wanted to see Tyler on Halloween, so since she lived one street over we decided to head over there first before it got dark and before the bigger kids came out.
We did a few houses on the way back, but we had to make a pit stop on the way back at Grammy's and Grampy's house because Tyler's pumpkin bucket couldn't fit anymore. In fact, one of the neighbour's had to give us another bag to put the overflow in. Everyone gave us at least two treats of each. I guess they figured I needed treats too. LOL After our pit stop, we headed down to see Andrew. Mara and I had made plans to get the boys together for Halloween.

She mentioned that Andrew was going to be a monkey this year. I couldn't wait to see his costume! It was soooo cute!!! Andrew was definitely the cutest little monkey I have ever seen. We took the boys to a couple of the neighbour's houses with her dad.

After our trick or treating was finished, we went back to her parent's house and we let the boys play. They were relieved to get their costumes off as they were getting warm wearing them. Tyler and Andrew played with a train while we tried to snap some photos of them. As always it was nice to have the boys together. I really wished we got them together a lot more often during my three months here and eventhough they didn't get to see each other that often, I will miss their times together. I think it was really good for Tyler. We don't have any kids back home his age and Andrew is just 3 months younger.

My mom soon phoned and said that Marlene was up at the house waiting to see Tyler and I. Marlene and I go way back. I think we' ve known each other since grade 3 and we haven't seen each other since the wedding 5 years ago. Since then, she gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Tristen. Tristen is 2 years old and she is such a doll!

Tristen and Tyler hit it off. Actually Tristin took a big liking to Tyler. She gave him hugs and even gave him a kiss! Our son had his first kiss on Halloween night.
Marlene and I caught up and exchanged contact info, but soon it was time for them to leave as they were heading over to her brother's house for fireworks.

The fun wasn't over yet though. We have a tradition in our house that after trick or treating, we watch Halloween cartoons. So we all watched a Disney Halloween special they had on TV. It was neat to watch some of the old cartoons with Tyler that I used to watch when I was little. Tyler enjoyed watching them as he held on to the teddy bear that Mrs MacKenzie and Rhonda gave him for Halloween. They also gave him some books! Thank you so much!

Before we went to bed, I gave Tyler his pumpkin bucket to look through. He doesn't eat candy or chips, so he thought they were toys. I just let him shake the bags of chips. He did get some special treats that he was allowed to have. Andrew gave him a treat bag filled with all kinds of stuff he loves. He also got a Halloween sticker from our neighbour too!

Grampy asked if he could have one of Tyler's treats and Tyler got up and passed him one. Awww...how sweet! OK, Grampy one is enough. Remember your diet. We have to save the rest for Daddy. Daddy loves treats from Canada.

Overall, it was a great night filled with excitement and friends. Grammy, Grampy, and I had a lot of fun with Tyler tonight and it was so much fun seeing him go from door to door. He also liked seeing all the other kids come to the door. Of course, it would have been a lot better if Daddy was here to see our little puppy go trick or treating!

3 Comments:
At 2:41 a.m., November 01, 2007 ,
Anonymous said...
Happy Hallowe'en! What a great posting - I'm so glad I got to see Tyler's first Hallowe'en, such cute shots of him in the costume and playing with the other kids=) I really miss my little buddy!
At 4:53 a.m., November 01, 2007 ,
Anonymous said...
like always very sweet .
this was our first halloween in Germany , Sofia love it . Marco slept the all time .Was very very cold ..Desiree
At 11:05 a.m., November 01, 2007 ,
Rayna Nielsen said...
He is sooo cute in that costume.
I love the backpack. And so does Chance he likes being carried and being able to see everything. After you wear it a couple times and get used to it it's a lot better than a stroller for some things. Having both hands free without the bulk of the stroller to get around it great in a lot of situations
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home