Louisbourg Encampment
This weekend the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Park of Canada is celebrating the 250th anniversary of the second siege of Louisbourg. In conjunction with the anniversary, the fortress is having an encampment of French, British, and Native military and re-enactors.
The Fortress of Louisbourg is the largest historical reconstruction with costumed interpretation depicting life in 1744. Today Tyler and I attended the closing ceremonies of the encampment with my friends, Charmaine, Kelly and their son, Cameron. As always it is a pleasure to walk through the fortress and experience life back then. This particular visit was even more exciting with the large number of re-enactors coming from all over North America and other parts of the world. When we first entered into the fortress, Tyler's first remark was "funny people" in relation to all the costumed people. Anyway, we had a great time and even ran into some people we knew. Here are some other photos I took for you to view. My camera battery died, so I had to use Charmaine's extra camera. I will post those when she puts them on a disk for me. Until then, please enjoy these...








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home